Should There be a Penalty for Impeding During Practice?




I know this may seem like it's out of the blue, but allow me to explain. I was playing F1 2012 on my couch, and I was testing out different set-ups. But then, out of the blue, Ricciardo decides to block me. I met him at the base of Eau Rouge, so there was no where to go. Then it got me thinking out how real-life teams have to deal with that and how it could be even more damaging than qualifying poorly, and therefore there should be a penalty for blocking in both instances.

It should be, because it can mess up a weekend more than anything else, hence it should he taken seriously. Also, if there are penalties for this, it could shake up the field, imagine if Vettel was pinned for impeding in Japan, or Singapore, think of how the championship could have been changed.

Then again, does F1 need more penalties? Also, sometimes having traffic can be good for teams, because it simulates the car with turbulent air in front and also in traffic, which is how races are run of course. It also could mess with teams that are just getting by, and are now penalized on top of it.

Yes or No? What do you think? If I get three responses, I'll tell you my choice tomorrow at 8:15!

Comments